Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rootstech Advice

Since Rootstech will be my very first genealogy conference as well as my first trip to the famous Family History Library, I have been scouring the blogs for advice on how to prepare for the trip and make the best use of the short time I'll have in Salt Lake City.  Genealogy bloggers, being the generous souls they are, have written some very helpful posts on this topic.  Here are just a few I've found:


  • Jill Ball - Geniaus A Peek Inside My Gadget Bag  Jill was at Rootstech last year and lets us in on what worked (and didn't) as well as the technology she's taking this time around. My favorite?  The decidedly low tech spiral notebook.  I also can't wait to see the hot pink laptop bag!

  • Julie Cahill Tarr -  GenBlog  11 Tips for Attending Rootstech  Concise and too the point but great advice.  Number 9:  Sit by someone you don't know.  Well that shouldn't be hard since I only know one person (in real life, not just online) that will be there! But its still great advice especially for introverts like me.

  • Amy Coffin - The We Tree Genealogy Blog The Wallflower's Guide to RootsTech  Speaking of introverts, Amy has written a great post for those of us who are little intimidated by the thought of all the new people we will be meeting.  My favorite tip? Attend a class outside your comfort zone.
Maybe next year it will be me writing the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...