Wednesday, January 29, 2014

RootsTech: Osage County


I am so bummed that I can't attend RootsTech this year!  A recent knee replacement has grounded me temporarily. Just the thought of trekking through the Salt Lake City airport, much less the Salt Palace Convention Center sends me hobbling to the nearest ice pack! I'm especially sorry to miss my fellow Osage County, OK resident Ree Drummond who will be the  keynote speaker on Thursday. Mind you, I've never actually met her and we live at opposite ends of the largest county in Oklahoma but hey...I don't have that many names I can drop!

But for those of you with fully functioning knees its not too late to attend. Each year the conference has gotten bigger and better and more fun.  You get to hang out with some really cool genealogists. Last year I got to meet Lisa Louise Cooke of the Genealogy Gems Podcast fame-


                                                                                       and fellow bloggers Amy Coffin and Dear Myrtle.

The Expo Hall alone is worth the price of admission.  So many great resources, not to mention sneak peeks at all the latest and greatest tech tools for us genealogy nerds.

But if, like me, you will be stuck at home Feb.6-8 there will be many RootsTech sessions streamed online. You can see the schedule here. If  you can't watch the sessions live, they will be recorded and available for viewing later. There will be links to them on the RootsTech.org web site during and after the conference.

 If you are into Twitter its a fun way to get the RootsTech experience, albeit remotely.. Just look for the hashtag #rootstech. And don't forget the official bloggers. If you aren't already following them, look up their blogs and make sure you are following them on social media as well. Unlike me, most of them will actually be there! 

So head over to the registration page. Now. And be sure to tell Ree I said hi. Tell her I'll be holding down the fort in Osage County for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...